The Scariest Night of My Life Was in My Car

OMG I'm not that much of a worry wart but last May  I was driving home from a night out on the town when I heard "boom!" My front passenger tire had blown out on the freeway. I nearly lost control of the car! I swerved to the right and I pulled to the left but then the car pulled to the right. I just went into auto pilot but I managed to get over to the shoulder of the freeway.

I called AAA and they told me I'd have to wait an hour and a half! What?! I hate to admit I was slightly tipsy also. I decided to try to change the tire myself. I opened up my trunk and found the donut tire I got my flashlight and tire ready to go. I got the lug wrench that came with the car to unscrew the nuts of the blown out tire but much to my chagrin it didn't fit!

 I was stuck and it was cold! I didn't have any other clothing in my car and I was wearing shorts. So I covered myself with some text books I had in the back seat. I was still shivering though.  What's worse is my phone was about to die and my cigarette lighter was busted! After 45 minutes my phone died. I was scared I'm not even going to lie. It was 1:20 am when my phone died and I didn't know if AAA would actually come or since I couldn't answer their call. I decided to wait it out.  It felt like an eternity but finally at 2:02 am AAA arrived and changed my tire.

That incident really scared me so I decided to look up what essential items I needed for my car. I read a ton of blog articles and they had all of these recommendations. It was like they wanted me to have a small auto part's store in my car!

After really digging through google I finally found an honest article that says what people like me who mostly stay in the city need for their cars. In truth most of us need basic things like jumper cables, a good spare tire, a blanket, and a multi-use tool. That's it! Oh and maybe a first aid kit for in case you cut yourself or something.

There were a few other recommendations as well but I was just happy that I could find something that wasn't just trying to sell me a whole bunch of their crap!  I got the lug wrench,  the blanket, power bank, and replaced the tire, and got the blanket for free here.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Colton Haynes and Jeff Leathan Split After 6 Mo's of Marriage

How I Got Out of 65% of My Student Debt

How I Finally Got a Boyfriend